slide show

Saturday, June 4, 2011

WE ARE HERE!!!!!

No pictures for now, but I just wanted to let everyone know that we made it to BEIJING! So far, everything has been wonderful! Our flight, albeit quite long, was uneventful and very comfortable! The food was pretty decent as well, yay! We didn't sleep a wink though, so I'm hopeful that we will have a good night's sleep tonight. I won't worry about our 14-hour return flight with Sunshine quite yet ... but ohhhhh boy it's going to be tough.

We are meeting with our guide, Lisa (who is also just fantastic!) in about a half hour to grab dinner. Yes, I know it's the crack of dawn in the US, but the sun is shining here in Beijing and dinnertime is quickly approaching!

Our hotel is super-nice - the ladies at the front desk were great and the room is clean and spacious AND there was bottled water and cold beer waiting for us in our room! We both feel like we made out pretty well in that deal. Sooo glad for my crystal lite right now - it's nice to have a little taste of home!

We have a very full day of sightseeing tomorrow - we are so looking forward to a day of vacation for just adults! So far, we really like Beijing! It looks just like a big US city but with Chinese signs everywhere and drivers that are a bit (ok, a lot) more aggressive than we're used to.

Oh and one last thing - THANK YOU to my Dad for driving all of my camera gear to us AFTER we had already left for the airport yesterday morning. Leave it to the PHOTOGRAPHER to forget the camera. LOL. I wanted to throw up when I realized I forgot it. Yikes! Joel was super-gracious when we asked him to turn around to meet my Dad - thank you!!

Ok, that's it for now ... we are coming up on 24 hours of being awake, so I think I'm running on adrenaline right now. Can't wait to post some pictures of Beijing once I get my camera out!

4 comments:

  1. Can not wait to follow along on your journey to your sweet baby girl!!!!!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you realized the camera was missing before you got on the plane! Whew! Excited about following your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Yay! Yay! So glad to hear you made it! Give Lisa a hug from Mark and Kelly!

    Can't believe you forgot your camera...oh boy.

    ReplyDelete