slide show

Monday, June 20, 2011

The last couple of days










If you know me, you'll know that I am a planner. I plan EV-ER-Y thing ... down to the last detail. I have always been that way and always will be that way. I like it ... it totally works for me. I planned ALL of the details for our adoption trip - our time in China and the time for the kids at home. What I did NOT plan for was the jet lag afterward ... wow, it's brutal! I am happy to say that things are definitely improving though - we are starting to return to a new sense of normal and it's so nice! Sunshine is still pretty exhausted and has literally almost fallen asleep while eating several times. LOL. Unfortunately this makes for a somewhat miserable baby - I know this isn't her normal self though and I can't wait to see the happy Sunshine again! Her awake-time at night is getting so much better - only an hour and a half the night before last starting at 3:30am and just a half hour last night from 4am-4:30am! Yay!

Anywho, here are a few images over the last several days ... we are making a lot of effort to get Sunshine outside as much as possible. I'm a little sad it's raining today, hopefully it clears up for a bit!

Thank you SO much to everyone that has been checking in on us ... we are trying to figure things out as a family of 5 and are slowly getting over the jet lag. I'm still getting used to entertaining a one-year-old also - I had forgotten how much effort that takes! Sunshine is making lots of improvements physically - she can feed herself now, will lay on her belly for tummy time and is starting to hold a little weight on her legs! She is picking everything up so quickly! I can't wait to see how she will dazzle us next!


I just took this video above ... I know I have been bragging about Sunshine's flexibility - check it out in action! I put her on her belly for some tummy time, went to grab a drink, and when I turned around, voila!, she was sitting again. LOL. I HAD to get that on video!! Her legs rotate inside her body for a complete split, holy cow!

Also, here's another video that I shared on Facebook but hadn't blogged yet. It's from the first night we had Sunshine in Nanchang, I still can't get over how much she was laughing and having a good time! What an amazing little girl we have as our DAUGHTER!

2 comments:

  1. The video of her laughing is sooo cute!
    Get lots of rest it is key to survival at this point!The jet lag kills me!
    Brooklyn is just gorgeous!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Addy learned to sit that *exact* same way! She is still crazy flexible 5 years later! It's so crazy seeing the whole first year of life's developments packed into those first few months together. It all just happens so fast but it's so special you get to see the first too.

    ReplyDelete