slide show

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another one


I am finally starting to feel human again and got around to editing another one of Sunshine's portraits tonight! Yay me! I ADORE the beauty of the White Swan Hotel ... seriously - what hotel do you know that has a 3-story waterfall? Wow! I am SO thrilled that Sunshine was transitioning well enough in China for us to do this. Now that we are settling in at home, I am unbelievably thankful for these treasures! What better way to pay tribute to her heritage than to take these portraits in China?! Love, love, love!

We are all doing really well - Sunshine slept through the night last night for the first time since we've been home - it was total heaven! It's wonderful to have her sleeping on the perfect schedule she had when we were in China, I have missed it! She continues to do better every day ... I love that she comes to me for comfort now. I also love all of the cute things she does - I am finding myself falling a little more in love with her every day. She still prefers me over DH, but we make sure that they get some fun one-on-one time every night. The other kids have been fantastic with her - they truly adore her, it's amazing! They both keep telling me how "cute" she is and that they are so glad she is home now. Lovebug told me (unprompted, over breakfast) that he doesn't want her to go back - that *must* be a good sign! LOL.

We have Sunshine's first doctor's visit with the pediatrician tomorrow - wish us luck! Can't wait to hear what he has to say!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture for sure!!
    So glad things are settling a bit for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo of your beautiful new daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent the last HOUR going through all your pictures!! They have brought tears to my eyes. I have already learned so much about your family, your amazing talent for photography and your wonderful story with Brooklyn. You are such an amazing family. I look forward to getting to know you better!

    --Heidi Aikins

    ReplyDelete