slide show

Friday, May 27, 2011

Our attempt(s) at a Happy Birthday picture












I don't think these shots need much narration - I feel like they do a pretty good job all on their own. LOL. But just in case you haven't read my previous post ... we were attempting to take a nice Happy Birthday Sunshine picture of all the people that came over to celebrate her birthday today. We kept it small ... I made cupcakes. Simple. I really wanted a group picture of everyone (including me!!) so that we could one day show Sunshine how much we loved her even before she was here.

It was the perfect opportunity to use my new remote control. I tested it out and had it working like a charm a few weeks ago. So when I pulled out the tripod and set up the camera, of *course* it didn't want to cooperate. You'll see that DH, my brother, AND I all tried to get the darned thing to work. Although I don't think we got one "winner" ... the set of these images together is totally priceless. I love them. Actually my favorite is #7 ... go figure I'm not really in it but just LOOK at Angel's face. LOL. I look at these now and a smile is instantly brought to my face because we were laughing so hard we cried. THIS will definitely be one of THOSE stories. No doubt about it.

Thank you ... seriously, thank you to my family. This was just the comic relief that I needed. It was a fantastic decompression ... a rejuvenation ... a way to escape all of the lists, and lists of lists. We laughed (and cried from laughing), danced, talked, played games and put puzzles together (Uncle Josh!!), and watched some major Mario Kart competition. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people. Really amazing people. Feeling the love tonight ... can't wait to bring Sunshine home to be loved on by our family.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is funny. :) Love the cute little cupcake there and how the family is already gathering to celebrate Brooklyn! Oh, this girl is going to have so much love she won't know what to do with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical! Def. a memorable moment. :)

    ReplyDelete