slide show

Friday, June 24, 2011

The one thing I never had ...

... a sister.

Not saying that I don't love my brothers beyond measure or I would have wanted it any different growing up ... but having a sister looks pretty cool. I'm just sayin'.

In totally other news, check who now LOVES to be on her belly! You may recall (at least I think I wrote about this) that Sunshine detested being on her stomach while we were in China. DH started to make a little progress with her while we were there, but the real work started when we got home ... and now look at my girl! She actually *chooses* to be on her belly sometimes because it helps her get around a little more ... she's starting to push herself backwards (as you can see in the picture - she backed herself into Angel's dresser!)


She is also just starting to enjoy the jumper! Until today, she'd be ok in it for a few minutes but would want to get out of it really fast. Today, she's carrying on like a crazy jumping fool! Let's get some strength in those legs and get her walking!

Sunshine had her appointment with the pediatrician yesterday! He was pretty ecstatic with her measurements - she's weighing in at 19lbs! He was also fascinated with seeing how she eats ... LOL. I guess all cleft babies learn to survive differently? We started off with 2 vaccines (the ones newborns get in the hospital) and unfortunately she's having a reaction to them today - poor girl has had a fever and her little arm is so swollen! It hasn't seemed to affect her too much though, she has been a very happy girl today! We go back next weekend for blood work, ugh. LOL. He was trying to get his super-special blood-drawer lady for a "tough stick" but she isn't going to be there for awhile. Ohhhhh boy, THAT should be fun.

The doc is also having me get in touch with the county for their early intervention program - he wants to get her in the program to help build the muscle tone in her legs. It's a free service, so I am ALL about it - our tax dollars at work! He expects it will take her about 6-9 months to get caught up, we'll see about that though!!

We still need to work out a vaccine catch-up schedule, wait to hear about her blood work and (gross) stool sample. He thinks she may have had chicken pox already - there are a bunch of scars on her legs and a few on her belly. The blood work will show whether she did, I can't wait to hear about that! Overall though, he was very pleased, yay!

3 comments:

  1. Our kids sound like twins! ;o) Except that J still hates tummy time. But we're getting to sleep that way sometimes (anything to get him off the back of his head), and working on the awake tummy time too. And he also is jumping like crazy in his jumper! AND he's 19 lbs...AND we went to the doc today for blood work and a heart echo. And he has had NO vaccines...so catch up needed there. OK, I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...sisters. What a sweet picture -- you can totally tell Peyton is loving her role as big sister to a girly. Too cute.

    And, glad to hear tummy time is improving and that you got a good report from the doctor. I remember feeling like all we did was call doctors, visit doctors, get blood samples, stool samples, and shots for those first couple months. I'm sure you are going to feel the same way. But, I bet you won't have to do much therapy -- I would not be at all surprised if she catches up much faster than your doc is predicting. She's already doing some new things and with the motivation of her big sister and brother, she's going to be moving pretty soon, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting for the first time...love the name Brooklyn! I hear ya on the sisters. I always wished I had a sister growing up. It would have been a blast. It looks like your girls are certainly enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete