slide show

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A pretty girl who is loved by everyone ...




That's the definition of Sunshine's Chinese name, Jing Gui - a pretty girl who is loved by everyone. I'd say that name suits her perfectly, dont you? DH and I are having a ball watching her blossom, how amazing to see God work through her! I shot these images on the infamous red couches ... I've seen them in pictures hundreds of times but it always seemed like our turn was so far off. I know that traditionally you dress your kiddos in Chinese silks for these pictures, so I think we'll come back on Tuesday for more. We still need to buy her a dress! She looked so cute dressed up from church though, ohhhhh I just couldn't resist! I still need to pinch myself sometimes to realize that we are in China about ready to bring Sunshine home. Wow.

Today in church, one of the songs we sang was "Shout to the Lord" ... never have the words:

"Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King;
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name ..."

rang so true! To be singing this song with other Christians in another country, halfway across the world ... "all the earth" ... WOW, talk about powerful - almost overwhelming! I had goosebumps the whole time and had to hold back a few tears as I looked down at Sunshine peacefully strapped in her sling. She was singing along too and of course that made it even worse! LOL. She is the culmination of so much work over the past year - it's amazing to finally look at her with my OWN eyes and know that God's hands brought her to us.

5 comments:

  1. Zach and Nicole. Brooklyn is beyond precious. You guys are doing such a wonderful thing, making her part of your loving family. She has such a bright, blessed future ahead. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beginning with Brooklyn with this stranger. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts everyday and seeing the transformation in your daughter. You have a beautiful family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her name fits her absolutely perfectly - now you can cherish it even more since you know that. She looks adorable in these pics--all flexibly sprawled out. :) So glad that church was such a significant time for you all -- we felt the same way. There was simply nothing like it. So very humbling to recognize we are such a small part of the Church which is much bigger than we could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we would have attended that church service when we were there last year. Sound incredible!
    And, from one cleft kiddo's momma to another...I love the stream of drool coming out of her mouth in the 2nd picture. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love following your journey through the blog. Brooklyn is beautiful and it looks like you are enjoying this special time.

    ReplyDelete