slide show

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday afternoon



Sunshine's personality is really exploding!! She is definitely looking to us for comfort and approval now and we are all having a lot of fun together! She lets us in a bit more everyday, it's just wonderful to watch. She is a typical one year old in so many ways, but not in others. Mentally, she is definitely where I would expect, but she has a little catching up to do physically ... and that has already begun! She almost rolled over on the bed today, so we will have to start watching her more closely from now on! We've been able to sit her in the middle of the bed and be confident she won't go anywhere ... I think those days will be coming to an end soon!

It is miraculous how she is able to communicate with us, albeit a little forceful - she is definitely telling us what she wants for sure! LOL. We started working on some sign language, so we're hopeful she will pick some of that up so we can communicate more regularly. I have to keep reminding myself that she can't talk - it is seriously amazing that she is able to tell us so much! I really hope that giving her the tool of some sign language will help her even more!


So I think I have mentioned that
Sunshine is overly bendy and flexible ... if I haven't done her talent justice in pictures yet, maybe THIS one will convince you!! Don't worry, I was holding onto her and she was definitely not in danger of plummeting to the ground face-first. LOL. When she pulls herself forward like this, she can almost do a split!! Holy cow!!


DH took this last shot while we were out walking around and shopping. I knew about this guy from other adoptive families, but it was so cool to see him in action myself. He paints only with his fingers! It's a talent that has been passed down in his family, and it's really stunning artwork! I was so excited to finally see this - I have been waiting for quite some time!

1 comment:

  1. What a special father-daughter moment you caught! Love all your photos!

    ReplyDelete