slide show

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Visa Picture and Medical Exam

We had quite a busy Saturday morning! On the way to the medical exam, we stopped in a shop to get visa photos for the kiddos. I think it's fasinating that we had to pay for someone to take her picture with a P&S. LOL.


This next picture cracks us up - it's common practice here in Guangzhou for brides and grooms to have a day of portraits before their wedding. I knew that already but I didn't know they did it by the busloads!! We saw these beautiful brides and their fiances on the way to the medical exam - a lot of them smiled for our picture!



DH filling out the paperwork for Sunshine's "exam."


That's pretty P. with her Momma and our guide, Helen.








Sunshine didn't like that last part so much - just getting measured! She quieted right down when I picked her up though, love that :-) She weighed in (with clothes and a diaper) at 20.7lbs - our big, healthy girl!! LOL. Foster Mom took such good care of her, I'm not sure how we'll ever be able to thank her.

So this medical exam was pretty funny. I'll just leave it at that. LOL. I had to argue with the ENT woman because we checked that Sunshine had NOT been hospitalized and she kept saying, "yes, yes, yes" about that question. I kept saying, "no, no, no ... look at her, no hospital!" LOL. She also made us change our "no" answer on the question about whether your child has an illness or disability. Sheesh. She is NOT sick!!

It's storming here in Guangzhou pretty good (it's about 2:30pm on Saturday, 2:30am on Saturday east coast time). Sunshine has been napping peacefully for the last hour and a half, sleeping straight through the thunder. How wonderful! LOL. We are planning on heading over to Jordon's later tonight and doing a little shopping. I also might have the disposable cameras developed that we got from Director Zhou. I know we have recent pictures of Sunshine with her foster family, but I'd love to see what is on the cameras anyway. I may have doubles made to send to her foster mom while we are still here. I wonder if our guide will translate a note for us? I'll have to check into that.

We are heading over to the Christian Church tomorrow morning, we're so excited! It's an English-speaking service, and several of the families we are here with are also going. I'm so happy to praise God here in Guangzhou with other believers, what an amazing experience! I understand there is no air-conditioning ... should be an interesting experience. Maybe this storm will cool things down a bit?

1 comment:

  1. So fun to follow a blog of someone who takes GOOD pictures. :) And, the one of the brides....oh my goodness. I saw them everywhere but not TOGETHER. That's totally hilarious!!!! What a sight!

    ReplyDelete