slide show

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Airport Homecoming























Wow, I just treasure these images! I seriously cannot thank our dear friend enough for coming to the airport with my family and capturing this amazing time for us. I always thought that our reunion would be the most emotional part of the trip for me, and BOY was I right. It was priceless to be able to experience everything without having to worry about documenting it - AWESOME! Although we were totally exhausted from travel and hadn't showered in 2 days (LOL), these images mean everything to me! Being reunited with our family and especially with Angel and Lovebug ... wow, emotion overload. Thinking about it now makes me want to tear up ... again.

We are so grateful for all of our wonderful family who took care of Angel and Lovebug while we were gone and helped to make our reunion so special. Seriously, SO grateful. I can't type enough words to show our gratitude. I really just stood in awe at the airport as I thought about everyone that was involved in bringing Sunshine home. She sure is one special girl!!

We are also so unbelievably thankful to all of our loved ones and friends who followed along during our journey, prayed for us, supported us, and sent encouraging messages/notes to us. It's funny to be halfway across the world but not really FEEL like you are because so many people are sending you messages of support and prayer. It made our time away SO much easier.

So now we are trying to settle into the new "normal." It's a bit (ok, A LOT) difficult because Sunshine is so jet-lagged and pretty much has her days and nights confused. This makes for very exhausted parents - we haven't slept since Monday night, save a few hours here and there. Angel and Lovebug are doing phenomenonally well with Sunshine! Angel has quickly taken the role of doting big sister that wants to give lots of hugs and kisses. In fact, on the first night when I was putting her to bed (at 4AM!!), she told me she already missed Sunshine and couldn't wait to see her in the morning. So sweet! Sunshine really loves Angel too - her face lights up when she walks into the room. I think she gets a little overwhelmed with all of the hugs and kisses, but she may as well get used to it!!

Lovebug is also doing extremely well with her, especially given the fact that his title as the "baby" has been stripped. We are trying to give him extra attention so that he doesn't feel left out, and he is definitely eating it up! He really adores Sunshine too though and is very curious about her - but I think Angel wins by far for being the most infatuated with her. LOL. She wants SO badly to help ... with everything.

DH goes back to work on Monday, so the true test will begin then. Yikes! I'm not ready for that, but I figure as long as everyone is fed and no one is hurt or lost, I'm doing a pretty good job :-) I need to pull my camera back out and get some pictures of the kids together! I haven't turned it on since we were in China - I'll get to it, I promise! We are heading outside today despite the somewhat-dreary forecast to get Sunshine in the SUN! I read that getting her out in the sun can help to recalibrate her internal clock ... ohhhh how I hope that's true. We are on the 2nd day of Sunshine waking up at midnight and not going back to sleep until 5am. When I said DH and I hadn't slept in DAYS - I seriously was not kidding! So I apologize for being slow to get back into the swing of things - this jet leg thing is no joke!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Home...I remember how wonderful it was to see family and friends meet us when we came 'round that corner at the airport. Don't worry you will soon get over the jet lag...We were waking at 4am everyday for awhile and making these huge breakfasts and my oldest who did not go with us because he couldn't miss college...said that those early mornings had to stop! LOL They soon did and we got back to "normal"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading that it takes one day for each hour of time difference. It is so hard! Hopefully the sun helps. Thanks for sharing your journey, updates and photos! I've loved following along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, jet lag is no joke, but you will recover eventually. :) Survival is the name of the game here.
    So glad you are home and your family is reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of incredible memories. Congratulations! Looking forward to following your blog, Cathy

    ReplyDelete