slide show

Monday, June 27, 2011

And just like that ...



... Sunshine is 13 MONTHS OLD and it's time to baby proof!
Sheesh, that was fast - less than 2 weeks home! We have seen her doing the scoot (1st image above) several times, but not with any actual results. But THIS morning, she was off! She started on the other side of the kitchen and made her way over to me, wow! Fortunately she has tired herself out and has taken a scooting hiatus ... for now. LOL. I wonder even more if she will skip crawling all together ... especially with this newfound skill of scooting, who needs to crawl? It won't be long before she has figured out how to open that cabinet door. LOL. I wonder if I'll actually have to baby proof the cabinets for her?

I shot these other the images yesterday while the older kiddos were slip 'n sliding it up (or down?). She LOVES putting things on her head and is completely fascinated with this book. The super-funny thing is that the only picture in it is her referral picture on the front ... the rest of the pages just have cool black and white patterns. She is obsessed with them! I'm almost thinking that I shouldn't add pictures at this point!

Have I mentioned that she is one of the happiest and most joyful children I have ever met? Hopefully the pictures do her justice. She just exudes and radiates all things good and wonderful ... and she is all mine (and DH's). God IS SO GOOD!


6 comments:

  1. She is simply stunning and I adore that beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is just so happy! Glad she seems to be back to her joyful and giggly self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a scooter! My oldest learned to crawl in preschool for a game. She scooched around and propeller herself with one leg and one arm-- leaving one arm free to carry a book or a toy and she could easily see where she was going.

    Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! We're waiting on our visa application and authentication but hope to follow in your footsteps very soon. We don't have a blog yet but I've loved reading yours-- it helps with the wait. (And I downloaded your packing list for our turn-- several things I wouldn't have thought to take, so it's much appreciated it.)

    --Annika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, she really can light up a room, huh?? I'd love to have that reason to have to baby proof!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her smile! She smiles with her eyes, eyebrows, and lips - beautiful! Please make sure she crawls! I'm sure you already know - crawling is very important for hand/dexterity development as well as brain development!

    ReplyDelete