slide show

Friday, December 30, 2011

Dorito Chicken

I'm sorry, I don't have an finished dinner shots, LOL. The kids were *hungry* and it was time to eat, so the camera was quickly forgotten. But, I can tell you how to make it, although I do not have exact measurements - if you like doritoes and you like chicken, you will love this!

We usually make about a pound of chicken breasts. For that, you'll need almost a bag (not the big family size, just a regular size) of doritoes. Crush them up as small as possible - I do it right in the bag (of course, after we've pulled out the top 1/4 or so to eat! LOL). You'll also need an undisclosed amount of mayo (seriously, I have no idea how much - enough to coat all the chicken?) and italian seasoning. You can see that I've separated the doritoes and mayo into two pans - you'll need to add the italian seasoning to the mayo (again, no clue on the amount) - enough to make it look like the bottom picture?


Before I start coating the chicken, I set the oven to 350 degrees and get my baking tray ready to go. Next, lather the chicken in the mayo - don't be shy, it adds flavor! And then coat the mayonnaisey chicken in doritoes - again, don't be shy! Then place the chicken breast on the baking tray. Once you have everything nice and covered, your fingers are gooey and the chicken is placed on the baking sheet, bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.


We usually serve Dorito Chicken with steamed broccoli and stovetop but you can of course serve with anything you like! This is one of our standard go-to meals and everyone (except Lovebug) eats it up! It's a little messy to make, but so, so tasty! AND - the chicken makes great leftover quesadillas with broccoli and cheddar cheese, so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment