slide show

Friday, December 23, 2011

On the mend










Yes, I think we are *finally* on the mend. I hate to jinx us by actually speaking those words, so I'll just type them and hope that's ok. We tried keeping as busy as possible today, as no one needed to have their hair held and no bedding needed to be washed for the 17th time today. And in fact, aside from the over-drinking of Gatorade, footed pj's, and more TV watching than usual, I'd say it was a pretty average day today.

This play-doh splurge kept the kids busy for over an hour in the morning. Amazing what play-doh will do. Even Sunshine was entranced, especially with the scissors ... although she did eventually get mad at it when it wouldn't all fit back in the container to her liking. It was too cute not to photograph. Lovebug made me lots of spaghetti and pancakes to eat and Angel created an entire birthday celebration spread. Apparently today is my new pretend birthday ... the cake was fantastic and the fruit was especially delicious!

So as of now, we are definitely better, Praise God. I still have a lot of pressure in my head from whatever has overtaken me, but I don't feel like curling up in bed and not coming out from under the covers anymore. That's good too, because this Mama job doesn't get out on hold when you're sick. We have tentatively cancelled our Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow night with my family though ... no sense in potentially infecting other people with all of our sicknesses. I'm hoping we feel miraculously better and are still able to do it though, it just won't be the same otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment