slide show

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas crafting

We have been busy crafting away over the last few days! First up was the Gingerbread House - the last time we did one, Lovebug was a baby! The kids had a lot of fun doing this - we tried to give them as little assistance as possible so it could really be a project that THEY did.



I love this tender shot of Sunshine and DH together. We started her off in the high chair with some cheerios so that the older kids could get started on decorating. Funny thing is that DH was actually wiping her face and she was really not that happy with him, but I happened to catch a .000005 second frame when she was lovingly looking at him :-) Ah the joys of a DSLR and low f-stop.
She much preferred to be in on the action versus sitting in the high chair though - she liked getting the icing on her hands but then wanted it off as quickly as possible. She dug right in and loved being able to decorate too!




How bad is it that we put the camera down to finish up and forgot to take a final snapshot of the finished Gingerbread House? I guess we were too caught up in the fun :-) This project smells delightful sitting on the counter now and I'm hopeful that we can keep it it and pull it out every year!

I am determined to do more crafting this year! We got so caught up in life last year that I didn't even get the Christmas lights up outside. I promised myself this year would be different and we've done great! I can't wait to share some of the other projects we've been working on ... but I think some of my readers may become recipients of said projects, so I think it best to wait until after Christmas to post :-)

1 comment:

  1. So fun. We just did mini gingerbread houses. they didn't last long, the kids wanted to eat them right away. LOL!!!! Might need to do the big one next year. Merry Christmas!!!! We got an update on our baby girl she is sitting up now on her own and standing holding on to something, she also got 5 teeth. :) So excited, still waiting on our RA 52 days.

    ReplyDelete