slide show

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The sign of sick

Yes, I think this first picture can sum up the last several days ... I didn't know it was possible to go through so many medication doses with only 3 kids! LOL. In the midst of all the nastiness though, we are trying to keep busy.
Angel has been teaching Sunshine how to color ... how cool is that? Sunshine totally gets it too! She holds her crayon correctly and fixes it on her own when it isn't just right. I love watching her sprawl out on the floor to create a masterpiece of scribble art! She is so smart ... I mean, I know everyone says that about their kid but I really think she is extra smart. I watched her build a duplo tower taller than HER earlier today.

And I think my little Lovebug now has pink eye ... doesn't it look like that to you? The doctor didn't want to see him until he has gross stuff oozing out of his eye. So for now, we use warm compresses and wait. Ugh.

This week has certainly been a challenge. I am feeling a little better ... you know - I don't feel like I'm on my death bed anymore. LOL. Still sick, no doubt ... but able to care for the kids a little more now. Angel did throw up late last night, but I think that may have been a result of trying too much food too quickly. She's doing better today and slept well last night ... in my bed ... again. Poor DH :-( Well, poor me too because I just don't sleep much with Angel in the bed, she moves too much! Coffee is especially my best friend today!

Sunshine is on day 3 of antibiotics (I think) ... she still has a nasty cough but I don't hear the rattling in her chest anymore when she breathes. Although now her ears are draining because of all the excess gunk in her head. Gross. And that requires ear drops. Fun times. We are definitely improving though! DH went back to work this morning and is doing well again. And now there's Lovebug's new development ... ugh. Hopefully he just slept funny and the redness will go away? One can hope.

I try to keep laughing about this mess ... it's really quite funny if you think about it. LOL. We never used to be a "sick" family ... the kids honestly, truly never got sick. The only time we saw a doctor was for check-ups. So this is a new world for me. LOL. All of these sickies in my house. Phew, I'm hopeful this is the end of it! And interestingly, for the same reason that a lot of people are still sick right now, I have the windows open to circulate new fresh air in the house ... it's 65 degrees outside! I'm all for nice weather but seriously, bring on the frost and the SNOW. We need to get these germs killed off!

6 comments:

  1. For Ry's eyes, you might want to try eye drops for pink eye. I'm pretty sure you can get them at Target or Walmart or any other store that sells common medicines, without having to get a prescription.
    Praying ya'll get better before Christmas! Being sick is no fun ): we're battling out sickness at our house to.
    God Bless~
    -Kirstie J Bikakis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snowed here today. You can have it. ;) My girlies are sick...older one has a fever...praying the rest of us stay well. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole ~ It doesn't look like pink eye to me. He would be waking up with his eye stuck together and it would be more swollen. Also, it tends to spread to the other eye, quickly. You should wash his eye with a warm wash cloth with baby shampoo (tearless, of course). I wouldn't use any drops in his eye unless the doctor prescribes it. Little eyes are more sensitive to OTC drops. You'll also note that it will definitely be passed on to anyone with close contact. So, good hand washing if he's rubbing his eye.

    (Once a Pediatric RN, always a Pediatric RN!) : ) Praying that everyone feels better quickly and that you all have a Blessed Christmas! Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, hope you guys get better soon.I have to tell you though, I laughed when I saw all the medicine containers.

    Brooklyn looks amazing with the crayon -- she is super smart!!

    I hope you guys get better soon to have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you all have been sick...not fun at all. Kids seem to multiply when they are ill. Praying you are well for Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete