slide show

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fabric Tie Wreath

This was one of the Christmas crafts we worked on that I couldn't share beforehand. I love how these came together (we made 2 - this one and a Christmas-themed one). These are so easy peasy to put together, require NO sewing, and can be made with fabric that you have laying around. I, of course, did not have enough fabric in the right colors, so I needed to purchase more. But I had so much fun doing it - you can really use any colors or patterns you want, with any combination to match decor, holidays or even sports teams! Possibilities are totally endless. And depending on what you have around the house - your cost could be very minimal - you only need the fabric and a straw wreath. Well, and a cup of coffee while you work :-)
So I picked 5 different fabrics and cut them in long strips - roughly (very roughly) 2 inches x 18 inches ... some were long, some shorter depending on the length of the fabric. The great thing is that for this project, it doesn't really matter! I used a rotary cutter and it was a snap.
The next step is so easy and the kids can help! You just need to tie, and then knot, the fabric strips around the straw wreath (I think this is maybe a 12-inch wreath but I'm not sure anymore). This is probably the slowest part, but Angel and I did it together. Once we had filled up the wreath, I looked it over and filled in a few extra fabric strips in areas where I thought the wreath needed to be fuller.

Then I picked a "top" and loosely tied a piece of fabric onto the wreath as a hanger ... and then tied another piece into the loop to actually hang. I hope that makes sense - you can make the image bigger below to get an idea.

So I hope this post inspires you to make your own Fabric Tie Wreath! I am all about a fabric project that includes NO sewing! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment