slide show

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas baking, finally!











It's Christmas Eve, and we are finally feeling well enough to bake! Yay! I was afraid this tradition was going to get passed over completely because we were too sick, so glad we were able to pull it off! Angel helped me do most of it - we made a birthday cake for Jesus (you can see it in that last shot on the right), sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. She didn't stick around for the chocolate chip though ... she is one of the only kids I know that doesn't like chocolate. LOL. She also doesn't like having her picture taken, but did ok with these as long as she didn't have to *look* at me. Sheesh.

Sunshine really wanted to help out too, and I did let her hold the handheld mixer a few times, but I couldn't take pictures of that AND hold her. She mostly just hung around the floor at our feet, hoping and waiting for the chance to help. LOL. She is so precious! I adore that 4th shot (if you ignore that it's not in focus) because if you look at the bottom, you can see her head poking up from the floor. She wanted so badly to be in on the fun!

I am thrilled we were able to get some baking in. I love doing it every year ... I could do without the sugar cookies, but I don't think Angel would forgive me. Maybe we'll try for some more baking next week too, I am craving some oatmeal raisin cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment