slide show

Sunday, August 14, 2011

T minus 4 days








Well, 3 1/2 days until Sunshine's surgery. I have mixed feelings. A lot of them. I know that ultimately we *have* to do this surgery and that it's the best thing for her, but it sure is tough. We are completely putting our faith in God ... he has gotten us this far and will continue to guide us through.

"fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous
right hand."
Isaiah 41:10, ESV

So in the meantime, we're taking as many pictures of her adorable, precious little face as possible. Gotta capture it as much as we can. I asked DH to be my photographer while the older 2 were napping, in between thunderstorms (CRAZY weather today!) - didn't he do a fantastic job?! We went in between the houses in our neighborhood to try to get a plain background (... it's amazing how little trees/natural backdrops there are in a newer community). I set the camera up and DH has been hanging out with me long enough that he pretty much "gets" what I'm looking for. Thanks babe! Sunshine was in such a terrific mood today ... up until it was time for some pictures. Oy. LOL. We still got some really awesome shots from her, but we had to work for it! At the end, one of our wonderful neighbors took pity on us and offered to snap a few of all 3 of us - Sunshine had gotten really annoyed at that point but at least all of us are looking at the camera!

More
Sunshine posts over the next few days still to come!


Sunday Snapshot

15 comments:

  1. Look how much her hair is growing already -- she looks beautiful as do you. I can only imagine the anticipation you are feeling already about this week. Wish I lived closer and could bring you some meals and run your other kids around. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful (so are you). We will be praying for her and for you guys this week and in the weeks to come as she recovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look awesome! Praying for Brooklyn over the next few days. And for you as you remember her beautiful face but look forward to the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is just PRECIOUS!
    Will say a prayer that the surgery goes well... I've been there, watching a little one go into surgery, it's so tough!
    Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zach did a great job! I definitely need to get out from behind the camera and show up in a few pics myself. Will be keeping beautiful B and you in my prayers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images! She is so super cute and you guys look fantastic. Will definitely say prayers that all goes well with her surgeries. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is stunning! Takes after her mama obviously!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. praying for your entire family as you journey through the hospital and surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so precious!! I'll be sure to pray for Brooklyn and the rest of you during her surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What absolutely gorgeous shots -- your husband did good!! Brooklyn is such an amazing little girl -- her beauty shines through her body to the outside. She will radiate that beauty no matter what! Praying for all of you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. praying for this beautiful babe this week! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. If she was annoyed you certainly can't tell it. She looks so pretty and sweet in that little dress. Will be praying for you. We missed the lip part of the process with our Lily but the palate road has been a difficult challenge at times. However, God has truly been faithful to us and I know He will be to you all as well. Thank God for His grace to help us raise these precious babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE HER SMILE....will be thinking of you all during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE HER SMILE TOO!!!! But I have a felling she is going to have an equally beautiful one in a few days!! You will fall in love with a whole new Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is precious! I'll be praying for her. Visiting from Scripture and a Snapshot~though I've seen you at WAGI.

    ReplyDelete