slide show

Friday, August 12, 2011

A morning OUTSIDE







Admittedly, I am not one of those outdoors kinds of moms. As soon as it gets the least bit uncomfortable, I am an air-conditioning junkie. So you can imagine, August is NOT a time that I take the kids outside. It's just not. I wish I enjoyed the hot, nasty, humid, gross summer weather ... but it's just not in me. LOL. That's what makes today so perfect. No humidity, low 80's and a nice breeze. Perfect take-the-kids-outside weather.

And especially because we are less than a week out from Sunshine's first surgery, I am trying to soak up every photo-op possible. I want to memorize every little detail of the face that God gave her ... the face that most likely brought her to us. I'm sure there are more blog posts to come between now and next Thursday of her gorgeous little smile :-)

So anywho, back to today ... I propped up my camera in the grass and pulled out my not-so-reliable remote. It worked ... enough. LOL. You may remember the last hysterical event when I attempted to use it. Oh well, it sorta works. We got a few cute snaps out of it today for sure! Sunshine wasn't thrilled about being in the grass though, no smiles for her. I do, however, just adore the mommy shots I got of Angel holding Sunshine. Seriously, I can just see the little mommy blooming inside her. And even though I totally missed the focus on the last image, I love it too much to throw it out. Angel is so proud to be holding her little sister, the happiness just exudes out of her little face. These are the amazing moments of life ... ahhh sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Please take a bazillion pictures before that surgery. I love her sweet smile. And, the weather today is AWESOME. Seriously. Gonna post a few pics of our day outside too -

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!! I cried when I read the line, "the face God gave her, the face that most likely brought her to us..." Oh, what a gift she is. She is so gorgeous! I love how big sissy is lovin' on little sissy.....sweet treasures!!! God bless!!
    and your right, Augusts in baltimore are crazy hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of an outside-in-the-summer gal, either. ;o) Love the pics...love your words about her sweet face.

    ReplyDelete