slide show

Saturday, August 20, 2011

2nd day home



Well we are plugging along ... we are backing down on the pain meds slowly and are starting to ease up a bit with following Sunshine around every second. She is still super-duper active though, and is definitely keeping us on our toes! LOL. She really doesn't mind having her no-no's (braces to keep her hands from getting to her face) on and is sleeping like a champ. She took 5 hours worth of naps yesterday and had a 90-minute nap this morning. A lot of that is the oxycodone, so I expect that will start wearing off. She is starting to feel around with her tongue more and is definitely curious ... can't wait for these stitches to dissolve!

And I will admit, although Sunshine is beautiful now ... well, I'll just say it ... I miss her old smile. She struggles with smiling right now, but is definitely trying! She wants to smile but I'm sure is finding it quite difficult. She's doing this cute bottom lip smile to make up for the stitches. I'm assuming that once her skin stretches out, she will sport that beautiful smile that I long for.

4 comments:

  1. You will always miss her first smile, but I KNOW you will love her new smile when it shines!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a picture of her yet where she isn't amazingly beautiful. You will miss the first smile you fell in love with -- but I know you will fall for her new smile in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful ! Praying for a speedy recovery for that precious girl! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog after seeing the video of Brooklyn's amazing journey on Amy Sullivan's blog. I wept during the entire video, because of what an amazing blessing Brooklyn is and you all are. The end, with the entire family there to welcome her, really showed the power of family and love. My heart has been touched and I am so inspired because of you. Brooklyn's face just lights up with her smile, and I pray she will not be in pain soon and rediscover her smile all over again. In the video it was so obvious that in moments of meeting you two how happy she was and how full of energy and life. I loved it! Thank you for creating such a beautiful video of your journey. I'm going to share this with my family and friends now.

    ReplyDelete