slide show

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Falling in love with her new smile

For the first time a few days ago, I looked at a picture of Sunshine before her surgery (actually, the one in my blog header) and thought to myself, "Oh my, wow she really had a cleft!" It was the first time I actually *saw* it. Amazing, just amazing and miraculous what a difference it is. Her stitches are almost dissolved now, just a few left in her lip. And now that Sunshine is slowly starting to show us her new smile, I'm falling in love all over again. It's pretty cool to get to fall in love with your daughter's face twice :-) It's also awesome for other people to finally be able to see her the way we do ... without a cleft.


She is starting to turn back into the happy, joyful Sunshine we know. It's taken awhile and the past week and a half has been ... ummm ... shall we say, rough? Lots of temper tantrums and missed sleep ... Sunshine's smiles and laughter were definitely missed around here. Poor girl, she sure didn't ask for this surgery :-( It's wonderful to see her getting back to normal though. And it's even more wonderful to see that happy face that I adore so much. God is so good.

6 comments:

  1. aww, sweet girl! so good to see her smiling again! (and good to hear things might be calming down a bit??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a pretty recent reader to your blog and was so filled with excitement at reading your latest blog post. She was so beautiful and is still so beautiful!

    For some odd reason blogger hasn't been allowing me to comment 'in account' so I have to do so anonymously. Very strange.

    Lil
    www.liferemainsstill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad she's feeling better...she sure looks beautiful! J has hernia surgery tomorrow. Prayers appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her smile is beautiful now. It was beautiful before surgery. As our own countdown to surgery continues, I find I am getting sadder and sadder to have to say goodbye to our daughter's cleft smile. I'm sure she will be just as cute as she is now, but it will be tough to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful! I am glad to hear that she is recovering nicely. You have a beautiful family. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious, beautiful smile!! I can sqee why you are falling in love with it :-)

    ReplyDelete