slide show

Sunday, August 7, 2011

{Sunday Snapshot} Two Months

Two months ago, we officially adopted our Sunshine - June 7, 2011 - an amazing day that will forever be a part of our family history. Part of me truly feels like she has always been here, the other part of me still enjoys soaking up the newness of everything. I have grown in so many ways along this journey, as a parent and also in my faith. I still reflect back at everything that has happened (and look forward at everything that is still to come) and stand in complete awe of God's handiwork. Seriously, complete awe. If you could have seen what I saw through this, I guarantee you'd feel the same way about Him too. Truly miraculous ... no coincidences, just God. His love is overwhelming. To feel Him lay something on your heart and then watch that become a reality ... wow. To now see our beautiful family of 5 and not be able to imagine it any other way ... even more wow. To begin with a scared, timid and incredibly courageous baby girl, and now see a happy, well-adjusted, carefree daughter and little sister ... just overwhelming.



"God sets the lonely in families,
he leads out the prisoners with singing;
but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land."
Psalm 68:6, NIV

And finally, here is our adoption movie:


Here's the direct youtube link if you need it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXcQduWxXlY

I fall more in love with this child of God every single day. Adoption has been one of the more difficult paths I have ever walked, but it's also been one of the most amazing and rewarding. The love, prayers and support that family, friends and total strangers have sent our way has been inspiring, overwhelming and truly humbling. The love that I now feel for this little girl is wondrous, and it just continues to grow ...

Sunday Snapshot

15 comments:

  1. Where's the tissue alert???
    Simply gorgeous, Nicole! what a tribute you've given her in this video. And to one of my favorite songs too! Thank you for sharing.
    Nancy-of the crazy 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to your journey to Brooklyn. I loved watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...I LOVED IT! :) How can you watch a video like that without wanting to adopt yourself!?!?! Makes me even more excited to get our Charlotte home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chills and tears. I've been waiting for this video for a long time, lady. :) Love it. 'course I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet video, Nicole! How Great is Our God, indeed! I am so glad that He knew all along that Brooklyn would be your daughter! She is perfect.

    And I couldnt agree more - our lives have been so amazingly changed by adoption. We are better people because of this calling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new little one is precious! Your video was amazing, beautiful, inspiring, and just plain wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful.. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole- this was absolutely beautiful and so were the pictures that you took for Angie! I am part of the same church family with Angie and Clint and now Emery! Thanks for this... what a tug at my heart for orphans around the world! Thank you for so faithfully fulfilling God's command to take care of one of his sweet children!

    Kristen

    aaronandkristenwindle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole,
    So I don't watch a lot of videos post, nope, I just don't, but for some reason I clicked on yours and was completely drawn in. What personality that sweet, Brooklyn has, it bubbles through the screen.

    You story has touched me in a big way, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is so stinkin' lovely...all of you have such amazing eyes! Congrats on two months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, ok.....tears are flowing!!! We are in MD, and also adopting a baby girl from China with unrepaired cl/cp. I am so excited to get to her, and I feel so blessed to be on this journey! I LOVE the part where she was laughing....how sweet was that!!!! She is precious and such a gift from the Lord! COngratulations, and God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new family photo and what an amazing video - thanks for sharing, Wen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. Just don't know what to say. So happy for you! So happy for your whole family! The video was absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete