slide show

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sick. Yes ... again.

Wishful thinking that we might get through the rest of the season without more sickness? Guess so. A cold has been brewing and she had a 101.4 fever this morning. But yesterday I also noticed what I thought might be draining out of her ears ... again. Wasn't sure because it was kind of crusted around the outside of her ear, not inside. Sorry, too much information for non-tube mamas? LOL.

I generally don't even write about Sunshine's ear infections because there are so many - every time she gets sick, an ear infection is sure to follow because the excess fluid in her head drains through her un-repaired cleft palate and into her ears. Gross, but just a reality. She rarely gets just an ear infection, it's usually the result of being sick. But today? I think it might actually just be a plain 'ole ear infection. Well that and a cold ... which I guess could be the cause of the ear infection. Oh, I digress.


So, I dosed her up with ibuprofen and started the 10 day-2x a day ear drops dosing this morning. Geesh. I'm about to create a blog label just for when she's sick. Fortunately so far it's *just* a cold and an ear infection, I can handle that in my sleep. Although I've known something was up for the past few days because of her sleep patterns and ... ahem ... moodiness. I'll leave it at that :-)

Yesterday marked our 9-month anniversary with Sunshine too. I can't believe how quickly the time as flown by. As I sit and type, she is yelling "MA-MA!!!!!!!!!!" ... yup just another ordinary day. Back to work I go.

4 comments:

  1. Nicole,
    She melts my heart every time I see her. You and your family are just precious. I have been using your packing list. :) It is hard to stay at 44 lbs. LOL My first go was at 60 lbs. You can say I am not a light packer. LOL I am getting excited and nervous. I can't believe it is almost here. I hope sweet pea feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor girl. She never catches a break. Just a cold and everything else. Hope her "excess fluids" dry up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet sweet baby girl!!!!!.... praying you feel better fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like she doesn't feel well. Poor baby girl. Blessings

    ReplyDelete