slide show

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm going to MEXICO!

Yup, that's right! Ever since we brought our little love home from China, I have been praying about a Mission Trip. I always kind of thought it would be in China or Africa to love on some orphans but God had different plans. I think He must get a good chuckle out of me up there in Heaven, because He is always changing what I think my plans are. LOL. Truthfully, I'm not really sure why I plan anything at all.

So I leave in June for a 10-day Mission Trip to Southern Mexico with a group from church (there are 11 of us total) - we'll be working with villages to help establish churches. We'll be doing a lot of VBS ... so I get the privilege of lovin' on some kiddos, yay! And we'll be doing some fixing up in church buildings and village communities where needed. I am thrilled to be able to serve this way and ohhhh I cannot wait to document it all through my lens. Yes, I am super-duper excited indeed. And I now wish I had taken Spanish instead of French in high school. LOL. Wonder how much I can learn under 4 months?

I don't have many details yet, but in the meantime will you please keep our travel group in your prayers?







These fun shots were a result of me and Sunshine home alone ... both of us in our pj's. LOL. I couldn't get the remote to work, so I popped the 50mm on the camera and handheld it as far away as I could get. Unfortunately at 50mm, I was still a little too close, and at f/1.8, I missed a lot of focus. I don't know if I got any frameables out of this, but I definitely got a few winners that will always remind us of this atypical night together :-)

If anyone serves me, he must follow me;
and where I am, there will my servant be also.
If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.
John 12:26

Sunday Snapshot

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and can't believe that you took them while being in them at the same time! What an exciting adventure that trip to Mexico sounds. And your heart ready to love on those kids, that is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited for you--and, yup, sometimes wonder why I plan as well. Exciting to hear how God is leading you and way excited to hear about what He is showing you about Himself when you get back!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to be going on a mission trip! I went to El Salvador on a mission trip about 13 years ago. If your experience is anything like mine, you'll be amazed at how much English the Mexicans will know. I was greatly humbled when, during our prayer times, the El Salvadorans would pray in English instead of Spanish. Yep. Humbling.

    If you haven't already, get yourself a New Testament bible in Spanish. I had a roommate give me hers, which came in very handy. Now, I took lots of Spanish in school, since I grew up in South Florida. So I had that on my side. But you can surely learn enough to get by in the next few months.

    And those photos? Beautiful! I can't believe you hand held your camera for them. Precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Your baby is SO beautiful! WOW! : ) I love that God had alternative plans for you. Vacation Bible School is such a wonderful thing to do. I pray you will be able to love on many children : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you! & those shots are beautiful ;)

    http://myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-think-of-you-every-minute-of-every.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ... so exciting! :) and what a BEAUTIFUL family you have! New Follower! Hugs! Stopping by from S&S, Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. the shots are beautiful anyway! so soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some gorgeous shots - what a beautiful loving moment you captured. Your trip sounds so exciting- can't wait to hear more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics, just beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it funny how wrong our plans are compared to His?! Praying you have a safe and blessed trip! ...it'll be here before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet shots of you are your baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love these shots of you and your gal!! love that you are doing a short term trip!

    ReplyDelete