slide show

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Milkman

No seriously, there really was a milkman at my house today. I feel like a 1950's housewife and I kinda dig it. We got a milk delivery, along with butter and eggs from a local creamery ... right to my front door. Coolness. This creamery is not organic-certified but is using organic practices (except for when a cow needs antibiotics - that cow is then removed from the group and given antibiotics to get better). The price of the milk delivery is a little less than organic milk in a grocery store, which is what we typically buy ... the delivered eggs are local and are cheaper than organic in the store ... the butter is about the same as regular (non-organic) in the store. They also sell ice cream but we are definitely NOT setting up a regular delivery of that.



Glass bottles and all ... I am loving this!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome.

    When I was in school, I lived an hour away from my dear aunt, uncle and cousin. They had milk and chocolate milk delivered. I loved it! And I only visited! I can't imagine being the one to get the delivery.

    Goody for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous!! We had this set up when we lived in Charlotte, but I can't find it here, so I end up at the co-op to buy my slow-pasteurized, non-homogonized milk -- NOT cheap! If you haven't yet, read Real Food by Nina Planck -- it will make you feel sooooooo good about giving this milk to your family! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! What a WONDERFUL treat!!!

    ReplyDelete