slide show

Friday, April 20, 2012

Sensory Bin #2

Well I certainly couldn't have predicted the complete success I'd have with this one - coffee beans were a HUGE hit with Sunshine.  They were mostly just the cheapo ones (about 36 oz. - still kind of expensive for a sensory bin, but so worth it!) and about a pound of chocolate beans mixed in that my mom gifted me.  The "regular" coffee smell overtook the whole first floor, so we didn't smell much of the chocolate unfortunately.  I'm guessing this is a total of about 3 1/2 lbs of coffee beans in an 18 qt. bin.  I wasn't sure how Sunshine would react because of the smell and because she got coffee residue on her hands.  But wow, she was in love.  She tried to dump anything and everything into the bin and got mad at me when I told her it was nap time.  LOL.  She also got very territorial when Lovebug tried to jump in for some play.  Oh you gotta love it.








As you can see, we did this one inside and it worked out nicely.  If I had enough forethought, I would have grabbed our vinyl mat for the floor, but it was fine without it.  Sunshine was sure to grab any straggling beans to put right back in the box anyway.  This sensory bin was definitely well received - I will be sure to pull it out again (like after nap today!).


SENSORY BIN #1 - WATER BEADS


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. My kids LOVE rice & dry beans! I never thought about coffee beans - I'm going to have to try that one! I love the smell of coffee, so that would be awesome all the way around! I also like the water beads as an outdoor activity. Good ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, we do regular beans....but, I bet these smell better!! LOL
    Oh, and I like the idea of a high sided box, our box has low sides...and beans get everywhere!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea! I will definitely have to try that with my little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete