slide show

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Are you a "liker?"

A Facebook "liker," that is.  I finally took the plunge and created a Facebook page for Living Out His Love.  Why?

I admit, it is a little odd to create a page so that people can "like" my personal blog.  However, after thinking this over a bit, I realized that by being on Facebook, I can reach more people in that community that I may not be reaching now.  I know many people who prefer to stay updated through Facebook and not through a blog or a google reader.  When they log onto Facebook, all of their updates are just waiting for them to be read.  Heck, I do that with a few photography-related businesses!  I realized I was probably missing an important audience by skipping out on the Facebook community.  And because I truly do want to reach as many families as possible, it just made sense.  Facebook is a wonderful gathering place for friends and acquaintances to connect.  So for better or worse, the Living Out His Love Facebook page has been created.

What can you expect over there when you "like" the page?  Well the obvious of course - I'll add my new blog posts there so you'll know when to come check out the blog for new material.  But also, I'm excited about being able to post other articles of interest about adoption, faith, parenting, etc. ... that's not something I would typically do in a blog post but I enjoy sharing little nuggets of interest with others.  Facebook is a terrific way to do that.  The other thing you can expect on the page is random status updates ... you know, the random things that don't need a full blog post so I just don't write about them.  The cute things the kids do, the little Praises throughout the day ... or honestly, the small annoyances throughout the day too (I'm only human!) :-)  It will also be a great way for me to keep everyone updated on surgeries, although Praise God we don't have many of them anymore!

So if you are on Facebook and want a different way to keep up with the blog, will you pretty please head over there and "like" the page?

3 comments: