slide show

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Graduated!

Well it's official, this little lady has graduated from physical therapy.  7 months of therapy sessions, finally a thing of the past.  I was sad to see Trisha, her therapist, say goodbye ... but oh-so-glad that we are done!  It was not typically ... shall I say, a fun experience.  At all.  Miss Sunshine seems to be very resistant to any type of intervention, no matter how silly or crazy fun the therapist might be.  Trisha was always so amazingly wonderful and just rolled with Sunshine's lack of enthusiasm - usually telling me how to therapize (my technical term, don't ya like it?) her.  A fellow believer and adoptive mama herself, she was a perfect sounding board for me and always just kinda *got it*.  I will most definitely miss her and am so grateful she was the one to help Sunshine grow.

Sunshine still has more work ahead of her, but it's less intense and stuff I didn't feel we needed continued therapy visits for ... things like learning how to kick and throw balls, walking (not crawling) up and down steps, climbing, and walking in the grass with ease.  I think we are well on our way with all of those things and am so excited to watch Sunshine continue to blossom physically.



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the big graduation! Way to go, Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw well done, She is looking stunning in these piccys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So awesome to hear! And, look at all her hair...oh, she's looking more and more like a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news!! Isn't it just amazing to think of how far she's come?? I love it! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! :-)
    And can I just say I love how she is rocking the pony:) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful! We are no longer doing PT...just speech therapy now. Shu is still working on some of the same things...walking the stairs instead of crawling, learning to kick with one foot, etc.

    ReplyDelete