slide show

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hey CL/CP Mamas!

I need your help!

I am working on a blog post for bottles and cups that work for cleft-affected kiddos.  I know what works for my Sunshine but I'd love to hear what works for your precious little as well so that I can come up with a more all-inclusive list.  I'm sure there are more options out there than what we've used and I'd love to know about them!  If you could send me online links for the types of bottles and cups you use/d, and also let me know if you did anything to them to make them more usable (i.e., cut the nipple bigger, etc.), I would be really grateful!  Please feel free to comment here or send me an email at livingouthislove@yahoo.com.

Thank you so much for your help on this!  My hope is to come up with a list that will give parents multiple choices for feeding their babies and children.

1 comment:

  1. Lily's lip surgery was done in China. By the time we got her she was two and already eating regular table food. So we started her on a simple sippy cup that wouldn't require much sucking. To start with we just used the basic take-a-long disposable sippy cups and we cut holes in the top to make one long hole instead of three small ones. However, when we got home (especially after her palate surgery) we found this cup: http://playtexbaby.com/CupsMealtime/Insulator-Cup/Coolster-Tumbler-Cup

    It was the best by far. We didn't want any lid with the slightest nipple, even if soft, to touch the roof of her mouth. But, we still needed the lid of course. Even though it was open it still allowed her the opportunity to practice sucking until she was healed and could learn with a straw.

    Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete