slide show

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bubble wrap = happy baby







Sunshine's first experience with bubble wrap was a big success. LOL. Look at my happy girl! I think it's so awesome to see her experience these things for the first time!

In other news, we have to go get more blood drawn on Wednesday for some follow-up labs on Sunshine's thyroid. Based on the initial blood work, she may have hyperthyroidism. Well - she DOES have it unless the next blood work comes back with different results. It's very treatable, but I am more concerned right now about actually having the blood drawn. The first experience was very traumatic and took a very long time. Apparently she doesn't have "good veins." LOL. Plus she is very strong and gets very mad ... so it's just a bad experience.

We *tried* to go on Friday for the follow-up blood draw ... but I'll summarize that experience by writing that after 2 hours, 2 labs, 5 techs, 4 bad sticks and waaaay more crying and trauma than any one-year old should have to go through ... we were unsuccessful in getting the blood sample. It was really rough on both of us ... I feel terrible that I have to physically restrain her to cause her pain. Ugh. I know we need it but wow ... it sure does hurt my heart. And we still have to go again with no guarantee we will be successful. She still has a pretty bad bruise on her arm, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow and hopefully find a tech that is good with babies that are tough sticks. Blech.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! :( I hope you finally found someone skilled enough...poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck. I'm so sorry for poor Brooklyn. No baby should have to endure that! I'll be praying for some divine intervention during the next round!!

    ReplyDelete