slide show

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Granddad














I got inspired by a fellow photographer to capture my kids with their grandparents. She lost her Dad suddenly about a year ago and she talks about him the way I feel about my parents. She has made me tear up more than once. Life is so fleeting ... and the kids just love their grandparents. In a lot of ways they are like extra parents - it's a seamless transition whenever they come over to babysit ... just like it's meant to be. It takes a village to raise a child, right? Or at least the entire immediate family :-)

So this is a start of a series of posts about our amazing parents. Today is Granddad's day ... MY Dad ... the extra parent and playmate that is always willing to get down on the floor and play a game ... that is always ready and willing to help out when needed. He's the one that always keeps them up just a little bit extra so they can play for another 15 (or 30?) minutes. He will always give the kids what they ask for, because as he reminds me, it's his job to spoil them. The kids adore him and I think the feelings are pretty darn mutual. It's priceless to watch my kiddos with my Dad ... it's such a blessing to have him in our lives. Thanks Dad ... for everything.

3 comments:

  1. Those are lovely. You are truly blessed! And whoa, your kids are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got tears just looking at the pics! then when i read what you wrote - whew! I'm no "Nicole Renee" photographer, but you've inspired me to at least try...i think i'll be starting something like these pictures as well! thanks for always being so inspirational Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are awesome! I love the absolute joy on your dad's face. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete