slide show

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

12 Days of China

... or however many days we are gone on our trip :-) LOL.

I got the bright idea from someone out there in the adoption world to pick up small gifts for Angel and Lovebug for them to open while we were gone - loved this idea! So I have been picking up small things over the past several months - nothing big, just small gifts to let them know we are thinking of them and missing them terribly! The dollar aisle at Target has been really great to me! LOL. I am not sure how many days we will actually be gone, so there are 16 days worth of gifts. I labeled all of the little packages with their name and the corresponding day that it's supposed to be opened. I know, I know, I'm a total control freak but a lot of these goodies were meant to go together!
Doing all of the wrapping has been on my mental to-do list for awhile ... longer than I'd like to admit! I need to actually WRITE DOWN my to-do list instead of carrying it around in my head. I'm sure I would get more done that way. At least I can pseudo-cross this task off the list now! I am waiting on one more gift for them - Chinese silks for their last gifts to wear when they meet Sunshine for the first time at the airport. Ann at Red Thread picked them out in Guangzhou and I can't wait to see them!

6 comments:

  1. We did this for our boys last year while we were in China. They really enjoyed it. We also skyped them almost everyday which was very helpful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO hoping to be able to skype while in China! I think I am going to have a meltdown without them around for so long but at least I will have so many other things going on to occupy my time :-) Plus, I am so excited to have some one-on-one time with just Brooklyn, I know that will be so helpful!

    PS - I am sending you an email, I have a quick question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok nevermind, I can't find an email address for you! LOL. Would you mind sharing the html code for your Show Hope blog button? I haven't been able to find one and I just love yours! I really appreciate your help! And BTW, your kids are absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am SO SO excited for you!!! SO EXCITED! And the little goodies are a wonderful idea too!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd better not let my kids see this! I figure I'll just leave it to the grandparents to spoil them while we're gone. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have the same thing going for the boys, but my "wrap gifts" item on the to-do list remains uncrossed off. you have motivated me! i'm going to get wrapping!!!

    ReplyDelete