slide show

Friday, April 15, 2011

Sunshine's Dreaming Tree

This project for Sunshine has been ONE YEAR in the making! One year! I bought the applique pattern for this "Dreaming Tree" one year ago, shortly after we made the decision to adopt. I stored it away until a time when I had a face to put with our daughter's name. Fast-forward several months after that, and here we are today - a beautifully finished Dreaming Tree for Sunshine's room!

I am so thrilled with my results. Some of the fabric is new to coordinate with her room, and some of it was "borrowed" from my mom. There are some fabrics in there that were used for dresses for Angel! After a few mishaps here and there (all projects have them, right?), I finally got the tree put together just the way I wanted. I custom-ordered an unfinished frame and painted it myself, go me! I still may go back and add a bit of rick rack for a border ... I want to live with it a bit before I do that though, we'll see. It will look awesome when it's hung up on the wall either way - I still need DH to add the hardware to the back though. Once it's hung, it will wait just a little while longer for our special little girl to finally set eyes on it.

I took one quick macro shot to show off all of the detail - I love the background fabric and you can't see the design from far away! I also love the little love birds, which perfectly match Sunshine's bedding (that *still* hasn't been ordered!).

And here's one last shot without anything else on the bureau - just adore it ... really I'm so tickled with how it turned out! Lots of love went into this - I hope it leads to all of Sunshine's dreams coming true and that in some small (or big!) way, our family can help fulfill them with her. Oh how this little girl is loved and cherished!

5 comments:

  1. Love it -- I have a thing for birds and trees. This is beautiful. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I forgot to add the link to the etsy shop in my post - I added it up there but here it is again: http://www.etsy.com/listing/55094666/dreaming-tree-wall-hanging-pdf-pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it's so beautiful! it turned out SOOO awesome!

    ReplyDelete