slide show

Monday, January 31, 2011

If patience is a virtue ...

... I seem to be lacking it entirely!
We are on day 34 of waiting for our LOA. Ugh, day 34!!!! With Chinese New Year fast approaching, I am assuming we will continue to wait. In the meantime though, here are some new goodies that have been handmade especially for Sunshine :-)
My mom made these special, one-of-a-kind burp clothes for Sunshine - I have heard that cleft lip/cleft palate babies drool and spit up a lot ... so now we have super-comfy, extra soft, super-sized burp clothes made with lots of love from Nana :-) They are snuggly flannel on the front and soft chenille on the back - can't wait to start using these!
I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again ... my mom totally rocks. I tell her my idea and she just runs with it. She had these cut up and beautifully sewn together in no time and they are really gorgeous! Major kudos to Sunshine's super-talented Nana :-)

Next up is a sensory blanket toy that is going in Sunshine's care package - I so hope that this cool toy makes it's way to her! This was made by Twigs and Tweets Baby Boutique on Etsy. The owl square crinkles, the pink minky dot square squeaks, the tree square jingles and the flowery square has lots of beads with a cool see-through plastic window. And of course, there are lots of fun, different ribbons going around the perimeter!

Last up is Olivia, the adorable Crinkle Owl. This was also made by the same Etsy shop and the whole thing crinkles! We're saving this one for Sunshine to take with us on our trip - I hope she likes it as much as the kids do!
Alright, that's it for now. Sunshine's room is coming along very nicely - I almost shot a few images for this post but decided to wait until it's completely finished before I reveal it :-) Angel's and Lovebug's rooms are just about finished up as well - just a few last minute things to work on and I'll share them as well!

2 comments:

  1. Does your mom have her own business ? Everything she makes is amazing. The burp cloths are just adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Tia, she doesn't! I keep telling her she should do that, but she doesn't want it to turn into "work." LOL. She recently retired and now has more time to sew, but I don't see her turning it into a business unfortunately :-( I will pass along your kind words to her!!

    ReplyDelete