slide show

Monday, January 31, 2011

Falling in love with my 100mm 2.8 macro again



I pulled out my 100mm 2.8 macro for the shots of Sunshine's new goodies and *oh boy*, I just fell back in love with it all over again. The clarity is insane. These were at f2.8, 1/160th, ISO640 and I adjusted the exposure up by 1/3 of a stop. I did set a custom white balance but this part of my house is always kind of red.

Aside from processing to b&w in the 2nd and vintage in the 3rd, the only other editing I did was just cleaning up his face (poor little guy has a bit of eczema from the cold weather). What a really, really pretty lens - love this thing! I have just been re-energized to use it more often!

5 comments:

  1. OK! I'm officially jealous!!!
    I can't seem to hold my 100 still enough when it's wide open! I know it CAN be crystal clear, and sometimes I can get there. But with my constantly moving littles, it can be hit and miss and I tend to fall back on my beloved 85mm.
    Perhaps you have inspired me to get it out and try it again for portraits.
    Lovely images!!!
    Nancy-of the crazy 8s

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are amazing...and he's even cuter in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I've come back and looked at these a couple times now... and FINALLY figured out what was bugging me...
    How in the WORLD did you get him to sit that still? My little are all over the place!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, he defies ALL definitions of a 3 year old in front of a camera, I swear! He is one of the easiest subjects I have *ever* photographed - he's easier than my 5 1/2 year old! Pretty amazing considering he's a photographer's kid - he just sits for me and looks handsomely beautiful into the camera :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - He does move a little. LOL. A fast enough shutter speed can stop the time though :-)

    ReplyDelete