slide show

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lyme Disease and Re-assimilation

Yes, of all little people in my house, my little Lovebug was diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  The deer tick that was on him for days (ugh, such a bad mama) was so small that it looked like a scab.  Neither DH nor I had any idea that it was a tick ... until it grew enough that it was obvious it wasn't a scab.  DH removed it the Saturday before I left for Mexico.  On Thursday, shortly after I returned home, I noticed a growing rash right on the area where the tick had been ... a visit to the doctor on Friday confirmed it.  Fortunately because there was a rash, he was diagnosed without blood work (seriously, Praise God!).  And because it was caught very early, there are no long term side effects - he's just on a 3x/day - 21 day regimen of antibiotics.  Thank you Jesus!  Lyme Disease is not nearly as scary as I once thought :-)



In other news, I have also had a rough several days.  I have been so sick and finally went to the doctor on Friday and got some meds (I wonder how many of us can visit the doctor in a week's span - Sunshine on Wednesday for pre-op, Lovebug on Friday for Lyme and me on Friday for my stomach).  The cipro has been wonderful and I am finally feeling not-so-sick.  But I am having a tough time "re-assimilating" after the Mission Trip.  For some reason, I have been short-tempered with everyone and just generally feeling not all that great.  I didn't think it would be difficult, I was honestly expecting to be more patient and compassionate because of being away.  But nope, quite the opposite.  I am praying a lot and working through it with His help (and DH's!) ... but man, this was not what I was expecting!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO sorry to hear that everyone is under the weather in your house! That's wonderful that you were able to catch Lyme's so early...such a blessing that you can treat it so easily!!

    I sometimes find myself in the same situation...thinking that after time away, I'll be re-engergized and patient and everything will be peaceful and wonderful...and then, life kicks in. I end up being short-tempered and frustrated and impatient. And, I don't want to be. It's so hard especially when you and the little ones aren't feeling well. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete