slide show

Thursday, July 26, 2012

His bountiful beauty

I have been neglecting the veggie garden this year :-(

I finally went out there today before it got super-hot to pull out the zucchini plant that got sick and died ... along with the butternut squash that it took along with it.  We have decided that although we love zucchini, we're not planting it anymore ... it always does well for the first month or so and then gets sick and becomes a pest to the rest of the garden,  I was looking forward to those butternuts too, at least I was able to salvage one unripened!  Anywho, in the process, I found that there were many other vegetables (or fruits, whatever!) ready for harvesting.

We have loads of sweet onions - this isn't even all of them!


Here's the one lonely butternut ... with a caterpillar on it that the kids enjoyed playing with ... before Sunshine squooshed it under her foot.  LOL.


And a few of our tomatoes, there were lots more that are finally ripe!  Woohoo!


It's so fun to watch the garden grow ... it still baffles me that all this stuff can come from itty bitty teeny tiny seeds.  Amazing what God can do with so little!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, yummy I just love fresh vegetables! I bet those tomatoes were delicious!

    ReplyDelete