slide show

Sunday, July 8, 2012

A special day

Today we had the privilege in sharing in a very special day with one of our most favorite couples.  Our good friends and Sunshine's Godparents, Andrew and Erin, tied the knot!  It was a beautiful day and Erin was a stunning bride!  Sunshine was a flower girl and DH was a groomsman.  I spent much of the time behind the scenes making sure Sunshine was where she was supposed to be and ready to go when needed, so I sadly missed a lot of what happened (including a beautiful solo Andrew sang to Erin during the ceremony!).  But here are a few of the shots I was able to snap of the day ...













Sunshine did such a good job ... she didn't cry when wheeled (in a wagon) down the aisle with her flower girl buddy, she posed for pictures, and she danced the night away at the reception.  She had so much fun that she didn't want to leave!  We brought our moms with us to help during the day, so they took the kids back to our hotel rooms a little early ... DH and I got about 30 minutes of time together at the reception.  We were always in opposite places throughout the day, so we didn't get to spend any time together!

Not only were we thrilled to celebrate with Andrew and Erin, I have to be honest - their wedding was a great distraction for me.  It didn't give me time to sit around and think about the palate surgery on Tuesday.  We go in at 6:00am, please keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. my china girl is looking at those photos saying, "I wanna dress like that and I wanna dance too!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! for running around in all the different directions and allowing Brooklyn to be in the wedding! She makes my heart smile and we were excited for all the kids to be part of our day! I was also so so so excited when she so willingly came to me Sunday when you arrived! Thanks for sharing the pictures we love them!!

    ReplyDelete