slide show

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The school kids

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to visit with a local private school's English class!  Adrian's mom is the teacher - you can see her over to the right.  What a cool lady!  The kids ranged in age from 13-15 and were really great.  They were very engaged with us, asking questions and interested in our lives.  And their English was fantastic, what a great skill to be bilingual at such a young age!  Makes me wish I took Spanish as a kid!

We visited with the class to help them practice English - so we asked them questions in small groups and they also asked us questions.  They are just like American kids ... they like music, sports and Facebook!  LOL.  We got to hear all about what the kids want to be when they grow up, what their favorite things to do are, and just also get a feel for their personalities.  This visit was definitely a highlight of the trip so far for me!
















Everything is still going really well here ... our group is getting along well and everyone is working hard!  Yesterday was a busy day - we visited with the school and then had a full work day here at the church.  I don't think I'll get a chance to post pictures from that though, as I'm running out of computer time.  We also got to hear from Adrian's grandfather last night after dinner - he's 87 and a first generation missionary (Adrian is 3rd generation!).  He was a really cool dude, and SO funny.  So funny!  He had some really amazing stories!

I am not taking the netbook with me to Puebla for VBS and do not expect to have internet access while there.  We'll be there through Monday evening, so I'll try to do a quick update on Tuesday morning when I have internet again ... although I'm not sure if I'll be able to post pictures then because of how long it takes.

Thank you, yet again, for your continued prayers.  It is easy to see God here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a great time at the school.

    I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the kids at school when I was in El Salvador on a mission trip over 12 years ago.

    To "help" them work on their English, we would divide the classes in half and get them to chant "orange" and "blue", being that we were all from the University of Florida and diehard Gator fans. Fun times! lol

    ReplyDelete