slide show

Monday, June 4, 2012

2 weeks

Um yeah, I cannot believe that our team is leaving for the Mexico Mission Trip in 2 weeks.  I know I haven't posted about it much, but the trip just kind of snuck up on me!  Guess having 3 kids will do that to a gal.  Not sure where the time went and I am so not prepared yet.  Compared to our China trip ... this packing experience is basically gonna happen overnight versus over several months.  LOL.  Oy.

It sounds like we'll have wireless internet at the missionary's home, where we will be staying.  The only thing is I'm not taking my Macbook ... I thought about it for about .00005 seconds and said no way.  Too heavy.  Too big.  Too much of a risk to carry around.  I may take the iPad but I won't be able to connect my camera to it.  So although I think I'll be able to post updates, I don't think I'll be posting any pictures (unless they come from my iPhone).  I'll have to go back and blog the real pictures once I'm home ... that will certainly be an undertaking, but surely one that I will be excited about!

I'll post more about the details of the trip as we get closer to leaving.  For now, a quick snapshot of my family in front of the stadium downtown :-)  After the cool party we celebrated on Sunday, it was too beautiful not to walk around downtown for at least a few minutes.  I ran into a cute engaged couple trying to take a picture of themselves and offered to take it for them - they offered the same for us and voila!  A family snapshot that I treasure ... it was during nap time and ridiculously bright ... but face paint and all, it's us, together.


Oh and a year ago today?  We were in China getting ready to meet our girl for the first time.  Whoa.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are seriously such a cute family! How nice to have somebody else snap a shot of you all together.

    Your trip will be here before you know it! How exciting! I can't wait to hear (and see) all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only that engaged couple knew a professional snapped their photo ;) LOVE the family photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! How exciting!! Can't wait to read all about it!!!! BTW< LOVE LOVE this pic of your precious family!((hugs))

    ReplyDelete