slide show

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Iglesia de Christo

I can't remember whether I've mentioned this or not, but we've been enjoying all of our meals (except for the first one) here at the church building.  It's a small space they are currently renting that is really just one room ... amazing how much God can do with so little, isn't it?

After breakfast on Sunday, we helped get everything set up for church.  Another storm was threatening the service, so we helped put tarps up outside of the church.  I tried to take some pictures so everyone could get a feel for the area ... it's in the middle of other shops and businesses but WOW, the mountains in the background are breathtaking!







As I was taking some shots of the tarps going up, I couldn't help but think of a "gringo assembly line" ... LOL.  Cracked me up.


I don't know if you can tell, but in the background, on the rubble pile, there is a naked baby doll.  LOL.  It was there during the whole service and totally cracked us up!  We made several jokes about that one :-)


These bunny rabbits were in cages behind where the service was held ... they stunk.  LOL.  And NO, they are not pets.  There were significantly less bunnies in the cages today than the first day we visited.  Yum.


These church kids were playing in the background as the tarps were going up.  I still don't know who their parents are but ohmygoodness, I wanted to eat them up.  Cuteness overload for sure!  I had some fun playing with them and snapping pictures ... oh they were lovely!





After the tarps were up, it seemed only appropriate to play jump rope, right?  LOL.  Who says work can't be fun?  I think Katie was a bit more gracious than Adrian though :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment