slide show

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Surgery update


Happy belated Valentine's Day! I love the love that these two share ... Lovebug is such a great big brother and Sunshine really adores him too :-)

We got the word on Monday from the surgeon that Sunshine's palate surgery is being postponed. Although her fever broke and she is definitely better, her cough is still quite productive and she's really junky. This really is the BEST decision ... she has been sick for weeks and I was concerned about putting her immune system through so much! So much sickness and then recovery from a major surgery ... it's much better to let her get fully healthy instead of just healthy enough. I am at complete peace with the postponement and truly am seeing it as a positive decision ... the best decision given the situation. Now we can focus on getting our girl healthy.

We currently have her palate surgery scheduled for July. I know it's much further off and will most likely only continue to delay her speech ... but there are several family events coming up and we definitely didn't want to schedule such major surgery around them. We are also hoping that the summer will mean no sicknesses! So for right now, we'll just focus on being a family and loving on each other! No surgeries or recoveries to worry about ... I'm excited to find out what that's like :-)

5 comments:

  1. Love the precious picture. I am so sorry she has been sick. We will pray she gets better soon. :) We are in the TA wait now. Yeah!!!!!! I have been using your packing list, did one Target run already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to postpone surgery! Tatum is scheduled for March 27th, so I will be able to fill you in on all the ins and outs when we get back home. I am at peace that this is what she needs to move on with her life....but freaking out for such a major surgery for my little peanut. We have really turned a good corner with Tatum, and I am just hopeful we aren't set back with her pain and suffering I can anticipate after surgery. It's a fine line....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....love the pic. And, so glad you are at peace with the decision to postpone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh....a season of rest. Sounds like a fabulous idea. Precious picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet moment captured! Hope your little one feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete