slide show

Thursday, February 2, 2012

An antibiotic bubble


Sunshine had her pre-op visit with the pediatrician yesterday. I was a bit concerned he wouldn't clear her because she's sick ... again. She even had a 104.7 temp on Monday night. Sheesh, way to scare a mama. At least we went a whole month without someone being sick! Anywho, the doctor gave us the "go" and put Sunshine on a 20-ish day prescription of antibiotics (along with a short prescription of ear drops for an early infection), leading up to the surgery. He's hoping to flush out her system of all the yuckiness and keep her nice and healthy for surgery. So, the proverbial antibiotic bubble is on full defense alert until February 21st. Let's hope it works :-)

In other news, Sunshine is totally walking like a champ. I watched her back up to the cabinets and take off here, so I thought it would be a fun way to document her progress ... she still prefers to scoot and we have to remind her to walk. But I truly think it's because she is so used to scooting, not because she doesn't want to walk or can't walk. Well I take that back, sometimes she just flat-out does not want to walk (LOL), but for the most part, she's really great with it. She still reaches out for the walls, chairs, cabinets, etc. as security blankets, but she definitely doesn't need them. She's sporting a really cute stiff-legged penguin walk ... utterly adorable.






She's picking up speed with every passing day and just today, I marveled in watching her push the toy shopping cart all around the hardwoods. There was a time when I wondered if that would ever happen. Watching her do that just put a great big smile on my face. It's the little things, right? :-) She still isn't the steadiest, but her balance is tremendous and she catches herself from falling a lot. "Proud" is not a strong enough word for how I feel about this girl's accomplishments. Seriously, she is a miraculous, amazing little child.

Seeing her finally learning to walk has made me reflect back over the last (almost) 8 months quite a bit. Although I think that's better saved for a full post all it's own, I just cannot help but sit in awe and shock as I revel in all of the things she's had to endure and how much she's G.R.O.W.N. Both physically and mentally. Wow. We still have a ways to go, but wow, just wow.

And to think about God's hand in all of this ... well there just aren't words ...

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean. She's such a beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she is getting around better. What an awesome report! Praying she gets better soon, for the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for progress! Praying for her health. She is such a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete