slide show

Friday, February 10, 2012

Sick ... again

Baby girl just *cannot* catch a break. Even on antibiotics, a new virus has developed. One with a terrible gagging, choking cough that causes her to throw up and creates a middle-of-the-night 104.8 temp. Sheesh. All that without the use of ibuprofen because we are less than 2 weeks out from surgery. I will admit it ... I am starting to feel defeated, like this surgery is not going to happen on time. OR ... that we will get her well again just in time to make her go through an intense recovery. I feel terrible for her and just want to cry every time I see a new high fever reading.

Aside from the beautiful month of January, Sunshine has been sick or recovering since about the end of October. Most of the time, it's just been yucky colds (with nose stents!) but she also had bronchitis right before Christmas. Thankfully the stomach bug passed over her but she has some kind of upper-respiratory cough or cold thing ... A LOT. I am so relieved that this is the last surgery for a long time ... and I am praying that Sunshine gets well soon enough so that she can actually have the surgery as scheduled and that her body is strong enough to handle recovery easily. Will you please say a prayer too?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yuck. That just breaks my heart. Poor girl. Saying some prayers for her. Hang in there, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Brooklyn! I've been following your blog for awhile now and it saddens me to see her falling ill so often. I pray that the good Lord will take full control of her health and heal her fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am saying the prayers for poor Brooklyn. On the upside, I would bet her immune system is really building up quickly! Hugs Nichole!

    ReplyDelete