slide show

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TOMATOES!

This is our neglected veggie garden. It's made HUGE improvements - I've been weeding and digging out TONS (seriously, I mean tons) of tomato plants that sprouted up on their own this year. I've given away as many as I can, but now is the time to dig up and compost the ones I can't use. I wish I could keep all of them but there isn't enough garden space - it already looks like a tomato plant jungle! This is after massive weeding and thinning. I have a bit more to pull out - those plants will end up in the composter (the big black structure behind the garden).
I'm so excited - among the jungle I was able to spot some budding fruits! Above is definitely a roma, no doubt about it! I'm also guessing the one below is a big boy - too cool! I had no idea what kinds of plants these were because they sprouted on their own. It's super cool to see that we have a variety ... I'll be keeping these 2 plants for sure!
I'll post more shots of the garden when it's completed. Many plants still need to go in ... a cherry tomato, 2 pepper plants, sweet potatoes, carrots, and maybe broccoli, spinach and peas? We'll see what I have room for after I thin out more :-) Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOO....I am imagining some very good summer meals coming up for you!

    ReplyDelete