slide show

Monday, June 7, 2010

Angel and her friends

There are about a million technical reasons why I would just never post an image like this. It's dark, 2 of the girls are out of focus and it's not even cropped properly. I forgot my camera on the way to the preschool picnic, so I grabbed the Rebel in a hurry. It already had the 50mm 1.8 on it - a lens that I am just not used to working with.
But there is one reason why I did post it ... this is my baby girl with 2 of her favorite friends from school. I cherish the photos I have of my friends at this age (maybe it's because we are STILL friends after all these years - you know who you are ladies!!) ... so it's crazy to not post it just because it's technically bad. So here it is - the unedited version of these adorable children that have grown so fond of each other.

The preschool class holds a picnic at the end of the year to celebrate and also to sing Happy Birthday to all of the summer birthday. Angel and M. are both in June :-) This picnic was actually a few weeks ago but I am just now getting the images off of the Rebel.

I'm actually really sad that the school year is over ... it means so many different things ... but mostly that Angel starts Kindergarten in the fall and she is growing up! I haven't had any "mommy issues" with any of the other birthdays, but 5 is really getting to me! Am I really old enough to have a 5 year old?! I don't know where the last 5 years have gone! Fortunately, Kindergarten is still half-day at our school (phew!). I guess I should be happy ... but ugh, why can't they just stay little?

Happy Birthday to my almost-5-year-old who just graduated preschool :-) Love you Angel, way way more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment