slide show

Friday, June 25, 2010

Birthday Cowgirl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANGEL!
I've been soooo ready to do these shots and I finally got my chance on our mini-vacation at the beach! Happy 5th Birthday to my big girl! You'll see I was really into the vintage look with these, it totally fits though and Angel ROCKED this little session out!
You would never guess how much bribing and coaxing took place to get these shots. DH even resorted to throwing (small) things at me to get Angel to laugh. WHY is it always so difficult with my own kids?!?!?!

Thankfully all of the work paid off. We got some really nice shots. Here are a few black & whites ...


I posted both the color and b&w versions of this one so you can get the full effect of the storm clouds behind us. The storm started heading in our direction as we were getting ready to head to the beach, so I was a little worried about getting everything done before it hit. The wind was insane (as you can see with these b&w's) and the temperature dropped a bunch too (yay!). But we had perfect timing though - as we were getting in the car the rain started falling. We were soooo lucky (and I ended up with some pretty adorable shots too!).

I'm glad we got these done too. Angel fell today and really (really) busted her mouth. She has scratches on her shoulder, chin and nose and we think one of her teeth is a little loose too :-( We feel just awful but we're taking it easy with her and are hopeful for a full recovery!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--what great pictures! Love the charm combined with the cowgirl look. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Sorry I just saw this comment. LOL. Do you want one of the shots for the website? I have the original non-vintage processed files too. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete