slide show

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful

... for this beautiful family that God allows me to love and call my own here on Earth.  My life as a wife and mama feels a little crazy on most days, but I couldn't imagine spending my time any other way.


I needed another pictures for Sunshine's post-placement report, so I literally threw this together in about 30 seconds before DH was out the door.  No makeup, no coordinating clothes ... just a perfect snapshot of us as we normally are :-)  It's nice to see us all together.  A tower of end tables made a nice tripod along with bunched up towels to get the angle I needed.  And of course I couldn't get that blasted remote to work.  Sheesh.  So I used the 10 second timer and ran, quickly, to jump in the shot.  I only cut off a few feet, not bad considering I couldn't see!

5 comments:

  1. Love this photo!! Isn't it impossible to get a photo with the entire family?? :) This is perfect and I love this: "My life as a wife and mama feels a little crazy on most days, but I couldn't imagine spending my time any other way." I concur. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture Nicole! I love the everyday life ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I looked that good without makeup!!!! LOL Love th pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visit your blog once a month or so. I occasionally "right click" on a picture or two and would like to tell you why. I have dial-up internet service through CoreComm SpeedStream. In order to speed up the connection, I opt for lower image quality. If I want to see a clearer image, I can "right click" on the photo which brings up a screen giving me the option to "Refresh Picture with Full Quality." The picture quickly reloads with a perfectly clear image. I do this out of habit if I see a picture I'd like to see more clearly.

    When I "right click" on your blog, I get an unkind and jolting message from you telling me it's not nice to steal. Well, I'm not stealing anything, just trying to get a full quality image. I have no interest in taking your pictures. I can understand if you don't want people to copy your pictures, but I don't think you are "living out his love" when you unjustly accuse people of stealing when they are not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy D., thanks for your comment. I tried to email you but your Blogger profile is private and there was no email. Hopefully this reply gets to you. I'm sorry you feel this way. I will consider re-wording the message because of your comment, but I am not going to remove it. It's not intended to be unkind, but simply to protect my children, family, and my work. In my industry, stealing work is all too common and it is very easy to do that with technology today. Unfortunately I see it often, and not always with professional images - many are stolen right off of personal blogs like mine and the images are used illegally in inappropriate ways (some by large companies for advertising without any knowledge of the image owners). I'm just a mama trying to protect my children. Hopefully this explains my position a little more clearly - have a nice weekend!

      Delete