slide show

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One year ago

One year ago, it was a blessed day indeed.  We received an email filled with lots of happy pictures and answers to questions about Sunshine's life in China.  Confirmation that your child is happy and loved and healthy ... well there's really not much else better than that ... besides holding her yourself anyway :-)

I've been reflecting on all that's happened over this past year but today, I've mostly been thinking about how much Sunshine has grown and changed ... and how much she has learned!  Oh she is so. darn. smart.  To come from a place where everyone around her spoke Chinese and then to a place where everyone speaks English ... on top of not being able to form words because of her mouth's anatomy ... I am amazed at her progress.  She still cannot form many words with her mouth, but oh boy can she talk!  She just does it with her hands!  And she can absolutely understand everything we say.  I thought I'd give you a small glimpse of her mad signing skills with a video.  It's about 5 minutes long (sorry, I know it's a bit long!) and she eventually got bored with "performing" for me.  And I was having a hard time coming up with signs to ask her to do (duh Mom!) ... but this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface, I promise!  It's so natural for her, I forget sometimes that she's signing and not actually talking.

6 comments:

  1. Those photos are precious.

    And those signs? Adorable. Madeline got a big kick out of watching your Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love It. She is one Smart Girl!!!!!!!! I can't believe I have been following your blog for a year now. WoW time Flies. I started to teach Mia to sign to ease some of the screaming. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's amazing. Can't wait to meet her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so amazing what can happen in a single year! She is doing so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. I know how precious that is! She is so precious in that video too. I love her saying, "hmmm..." Soooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete