slide show

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Houston, we have a cold ...

Yes, that's right ... one week post lip surgery complete with nose stents and no-no's, Sunshine caught Lovebug's cold. Seriously?!?!?! This baby girl just can't get a break! If you've never had the pleasure of experiencing nose stents, I can tell you that they are extra gross when your child has a cold and an extremely runny nose. Not only can I NOT suction out her nose, I also keep wiping the lip that was just sewn up. Oh precious baby girl! Fortunately, she is a fighter. During the day, things haven't been too bad - actually they've been pretty amazing.
She's spending time doing most of her usual activities, especially now since we have liberated her from the no-no's for part of the day. She really doesn't like those and I certainly don't blame her. Along with tissue and cup in hand, favorite blankie has been in close proximity to *every* activity and that's cool with me too :-) It's been a bit difficult to get it washed lately, but oh well. She adores it and it's one of the only healthy self-soothers she has, so I'm all about it.
We've even been doing a bit of physical therapy ... girlfriend can stand up and sit down like a champ now. She loves the magnets and really enjoyed having the garage door as her blank canvas to work with. After this though, she proceeded to pull every single one of them down and scatter them all over the ground. She was occupied and happy, and it was great.

She even had some fun with the bubble wrap from my most recent frame order! Who doesn't love bubble wrap, honestly?! You may remember my last bubble wrap post, which was Sunshine's first experience with it. Although not quite as animated this time, I can assure you she enjoyed herself!
So 10 days post-surgery, things are still going ridiculously well. I can't get over how well she's handled this more difficult surgery versus the first, easier one. I think we've all grown to love and trust each other more, and I'm sure that makes a BIG difference.

I'm not gonna lie, we aren't sleeping much right now, but that has everything to do with this nasty cold and nothing to do with Sunshine. She has a heck of a time getting comfortable when she can't breathe and is wearing no-no's. I know that will pass once the cold is gone. The daytime goes along perfectly well - she is pretty much back to her normal busy, happy self. I'm not keeping an eye on her quite as much as I was before, although I am still always pretty darn close by. That helps with being able to do important things like make dinner :-) We have about 10 more days to go before the nose stent removal, Praise God. We're taking one day at a time and that's working pretty well for us. I can't thank everyone enough for all of the prayers and support. Seriously, you all ROCK ... we have SO been able to feel your love and it just means everything to us. Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. She's just so lovely. Glad you are feeling God's nearness and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,
    I am so glad to see you and Brooklyn doing so well this go around with surgery. Praise God!!!!! My friends just threw me an adoption shower for our little Mia today. We are 29 days and waiting for our RA. I pray continued healing over Brooklyn. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, little girl! I cant HELP but pray when I see her!! I am so sorry that you all arent getting much sleep! Praying that you can endure until all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean blankets are overrated.

    Even with snot, she is preciously adorable. Glad to hear things are going "ridiculously well." What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some of the cutest pictures ever! She is amazing! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cold with nose stints sounds interesting for both Brooklyn and mommy! She looks wonderful though all cuddled up with her blanket. Her hair is getting long, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry y'all aren't sleeping very well. Hope she is feeling better soon. She is such a sweet, lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a beauty! Sorry she is feeling bad. Praying for a quick recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete