slide show

Friday, November 4, 2011

Future musician?

Girlfriend is pulling herself up on *everything* these days and really enjoys banging, I mean "playing" on the piano. And in the last few days, she has been standing for a few seconds on her own, completely unassisted! WAHOO! Yes, I do believe I see walking in her future - something I couldn't always say with confidence! Of course the timing couldn't be more perfect ... LOL ... what with her next surgery coming up and all. Can I clothe her in bubble wrap during recovery?

Today I am so very thankful for this precious baby girl that God has given me the honor of loving and raising. She has taught me more about myself in the last 5 months than I thought possible. She has stretched me and helped me grow as a mama. And well, she's pretty darn amazing. Today I stand in awe at the progress she has made in the short time she's been with us ... a little miracle I tell ya.

3 comments:

  1. It is so miraculous. I often have to make myself step back and really get good perspective of just how much has changed. And when I do, I am amazed! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like she is doing wonderful with her forever family. What a blessing you are to her, and it looks like she has blessed your lives too. :) We are 14 days into the wait for our RA. I can't wait to hold her in my arms. In the meantime we need to start preparing a room. :)I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once tried to convince my husband we needed a layer of foam in the house-- on the floors, on the walls... It seemed easier than trying to keep my beautiful little daredevil from doing serious bodily harm. (He didn't go for it, but I think he seriously considered it for a minute.) I think the bubble wrap idea is worth pursuing. :^)

    Brooklyn is so gorgeous-- and extra adorable in her overalls. Reading about her is helping me get through the wait for my little one.

    ReplyDelete